Friday, July 14, 2017

Book Review: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Pride and PrejudicePride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I watched two movies based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice before I actually read the book. "Bride and Prejudice" was shitty while "Pride and Prejudice" unhooking, though well attempted. And before I began the book, Goodreads threw at me reviews from a mix of readers who either hated it or absolutely loved it. But, being the only book available in my reading app, I started the book and thank god, I did.
It is not addictive. It isn't fast. it isn't the literary masterpiece I was expecting it to be. At least not to me. As a fellow #goodreader commented, "language that could be beautiful ends up difficult to decipher and I find myself going back to those paragraphs again and again, to be left unsatisfied. " But one thing it is is, it is intriguing and subtly witty. And there are these terrific one liners that lights you up. For that, I now pronounce, Pride of Mr. Darcy and Prejudice of Ms. Bennet, who gave meaning to the wonderfully chosen title, a good read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment