Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Autobiography of a candle flame

Life is short like a candle flame
Worthless if you don’t light it
Risk your life
Enlighten others’
Make your days meaningful.

Now that I’m a candle myself
Just a while left for me
Waiting my end
With eyes ajar,
I go on, like I’m lost in dark.

Far apart I see a light
But why am I so terrified?
May be because the blinding light
Will put me out of life.

I dread light
Unusual it is
Absurd it is
But I can’t help it.
An inborn human fright!!

The blinding light may be
The sparkling stars of heaven
Or could be the blazing pits of hell
Roasting hell, like hell.

Stand up now
Wait no more
Waste no more
The precious seconds
Left for me
I plead of thee
“Don’t make me die in vain”

The light is nearing
I can feel the quivering
Spreading across
My delicate body
Terrible thoughts
Attacking me
I plead of thee
“Don’t make me die in vain”

The light has come
Despite my fright
Putting my brief
Being to a halt.

I opened my eyes
And saw things I had
Looked through till then
But, never really saw.
Despite the storm
And the gloom,
I did my thing
I gave you light.
And I’m fulfilled,
And contended
For unlike you
I did my bit.

(wrote in class xi - 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment