Saturday, April 16, 2016

Book Review: Marley, a dog like no other by John Grogan

Marley: A Dog Like No Other: A Special Adaptation for Young ReadersMarley: A Dog Like No Other: A Special Adaptation for Young Readers by John Grogan


A thing I don't really fancy about reading books on which movies I have already seen are based, is that at times it fails to match up to the visual advantage films provide. The suspense is taken away. You know what is going to happen and how. I have seen the movie at least 50 times and had been so sure and puckered up not to cry, but towards the last few pages, I ended up in tears anyway. Just as great as the movie and at times even better. This book is about the world's worst dog by the world's most fulfilled master. For the 4 hours I took to finish reading this light yet gripping narrative of the beginning to the end of an important part of the Grogan family history, you are one of Grogan's guest, laid back in his sitting room, listening to him proudly and fondly remember their eternal puppy, Marley, who is the best dog in the world despite being the worst. Makes me miss Kitchu, my lost tiny feline, real bad. Definitely a goodread though waiting to get my hands on the real deal - Marley and me, life and love with the world's worst dog.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment